Die Flagge von Uruguay

URUGUAY MAGAZIN Forum

DAS URUGUAY MAGAZIN ZUM THEMA AUSWANDERN, IMMOBILIEN, FORUM, LAND UND LEUTE UND VIELEM MEHR.

FORUM > NACHRICHT ANZEIGEN Antwort schreiben | zurück zum Forum

Weihnachtsgeschenk
von Moditz  am 06. Dezember 2006 08:45:08
unsere Enkelin in Montevideo wünscht sich eine "Diddle" Mappe. Wer kann uns weiterhelfen, wie wir ihr diesen Wunsch aus Österreich erfüllen können ?

Reaktionen:

RE: Weihnachtsgeschenk  (jopa  am 21. Januar 2007 07:43:59)
Counting Down To the Digital Deadline rihannaweb.info TV as most people have known it has a little more than two years to live. www.rihannaweb.info No, the TV cops won't come kicking down your door to terminate your old set on Feb. 17, 2009, the date Congress has set for analog broadcasts to end. soft.rihannaweb.info But on that date your favorite shows could turn to static, as over-the-air TV is reduced to a digital stream that only the right kind of set can decode. search.rihannaweb.info "The right kind" includes the stylish flat-screen sets that dominate most electronics stores. box.rihannaweb.info But that doesn't mean you'll need a $1,500 plasma screen and a $100-a-month cable or satellite subscription to keep watching your favorite shows. www3.rihannaweb.info It can be a lot simpler and cheaper than that. nt.rihannaweb.info The mass-market future of digital TV just might be a tabletop set -- something as low as $200 -- that pulls in a signal over the air for free. ley.rihannaweb.info . Think of the old days of rabbit-ear antennas, except that the picture is as clear as a DVD. doc.rihannaweb.info Free TV worth watching" was one of the basic promises of digital TV all along. webnudisti.info But that promise got lost when this upgrade debuted as a luxury item, in the form of enormous, expensive high-definition models. www.webnudisti.info Digital became synonymous with high-def, even though HDTV -- as great as it is to watch on a big screen -- is only one kind of digital TV offering. sun.webnudisti.info Now that we're nearing the end of analog, digital TV is returning to one of its core selling points. join.webnudisti.info Over the past year, a wide variety of TVs, including the cathode-ray-tube models that remain the cheapest buys, have included digital tuners that will keep them working past the 2009 analog shutoff. desk.webnudisti.info Many of these TVs are "standard definition" sets -- with the same 480 lines of resolution as analog -- which won't win bragging rights like an HDTV. pool.webnudisti.info But on smaller screens, you won't see high-def's extra detail from your couch, anyway. nu.webnudisti.info Why even care about over-the-air reception if, like most, you get your TV programming via cable, satellite or another paid service? sym.webnudisti.info Aside from its utility as a backup in case a cable outage or "rain fade" blanks out your regular signal, digital TV makes over-the-air broadcasting relevant again. feed.webnudisti.info Not only do you get better quality, you get better selection, courtesy of the extra, digital-only channels many stations transmit. nuderihanna.info For example, PBS affiliate WETA offers bonus channels that focus on how-to, children's and international programs, while NBC affiliate WRC provides weather updates on a second channel. www.nuderihanna.info All you need is a digital set with a tuner, an antenna and mediocre analog reception. As long as the digital broadcast comes in clearly, you'll have a perfect picture for free. pool.nuderihanna.info Think of digital TV as the new basic cable. foto.nuderihanna.info Considering how long most TVs stay in service, it makes no sense to opt for an analog TV, which is still easy to find in stores, to save $100 or so. join.nuderihanna.info (You can buy an external tuner for an analog set, but these add-ons remain scarce and expensive.) Instead, you should look for a set with an "ATSC" digital tuner, named after the Advanced Television Systems Committee that devised the digital standard. room.nuderihanna.info Here, however, the industry has failed its customers. nsar.nuderihanna.info Ever since Congress voted in late 2005 to set that 2009 deadline as a way of freeing the old airwaves for other uses -- the vacated analog airwaves can then be auctioned off for other uses, such as broadband Internet -- sets with analog tuners should have come with warning labels advertising their planned obsolescence, while digital-compatible sets should have been labeled just as obviously. Neither thing has happened. doc.nuderihanna.info Most sets smaller than 26 inches still lack the digital tuner, as do nearly all video-recording devices and even such bleeding-edge gadgets as the Slingbox video-relay device. cat.nuderihanna.info That's changing, thanks to a March 1 deadline set by the Federal Communications Commission that requires most such devices to include digital tuners, but it's ridiculous that we've had to turn digital TV into a command economy to get this far. odders.info These and other delays could mean that, even after years of waiting, you must put off your next TV purchase even longer. www.odders.info High-Def Disconnect For $1,399 and Endless Add-Ons He Got 12 Channels frost.odders.info Back in August, my needs were simple. As one of the reporters covering the Redskins for The Post, I needed a television and a way to record games so I could analyze what turned out to be a five-win season. cool.odders.info A $119 combination 13-inch TV with a VCR would have solved the problem. www2.odders.info Instead, I ended up taking the high-definition plunge, spending $1,399 for a far-bigger and fancier television set than I originally had in mind. 4u.odders.info As I left the store with my new HDTV, my confidence was boosted by approving nods from people in the parking lot. gig.odders.info If only someone had told me that buying the set was the easiest part. symb.odders.info Since then, I have been riding a high-definition roller coaster -- mesmerized by the new TV's crystal-clear images but disillusioned by the disappointingly low number of HD channels you get in exchange for the investment of the upgrade. nudisti.info My purchase put me in a growing wave of people switching to high definition.www.nudisti.info Last year, more than 13 million HDTV sets were shipped to stores in the United States, and the Consumer Electronics Association predicts that even more -- closer to 16 million -- will hit shelves this year. 2www.nudisti.info Moving into HDTV had been on my mind for a while. I'd been admiring a 50-inch plasma, and its dropping price tag, for about a year, but I was still fighting the psychological barrier of paying such big money for a TV rihannaweb.info I'd spent less than $300 on a 27-inch Toshiba tube set only four years ago and wasn't mentally ready to shell out four figures for a replacement. h17.nudisti.info And so, faced with the onset of the season and needing a second set at home, I headed out with self-restraint and intentions of saving money by going low-tech -- until I started comparing prices and saw how much they had come down. tort.nudisti.info A 27-inch tube set is the same price today as the one I bought four years ago, around $275, but a Polaroid 20-inch flat-panel, HD television was less than $50 more, at $318. form.nudisti.info A 32-inch combination TV-VCR cost in the mid-$300s, but a Samsung 32-inch HD was in the low $600s, which didn't seem unreasonable considering the quality of the picture. gal.nudisti.info Besides, was I really thinking about buying a VCR? In 2006?